Friday, May 18, 2012

We are back and still Rationing!!!!

After a bit of a break from blogging due to ill health and life in general I thought it was high time to get back to posting about our "wartime experience".
Both of us are still living very well on our wartime diet and enjoying the cooking and the eating.

So many lollies!!!!!

Salem worries about not eating more than his allowance of lollies, bless him.  So he takes his time choosing what he will have for the week.

I've been collecting a lot of books so have spent many nights in bed reading.  Below are some of them....


I plan to do book reviews over the next few weeks of the books I have already read and since I bought yet  another yesterday from the local second-hand book shop down the road.


I have been also collecting old ration books and Salem and I have been making our own ration books, Identity Cards and Evacuee cards.  I've also got some New Zealand ration books that are a little different than the English ones as so things were not rationed over here in New Zealand.  More on that in another post.

We have still been slowly loosing weight, last time I weighed myself I had lost 11 kgs.
Well, that is just a quick catch up, I'll be back tomorrow with some more.
Nice to be back!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment