Saturday, June 2, 2012

What I'm reading at the moment


I am reading "Doing Our Bit" edited by Jim Sullivan.
New Zealand Women tell their stories of World War Two.
I'm reading this when I go to bed.  It has women telling of their experiences during WWII, of being in the WRNZNS - Women's Royal New Zealand Navy Service , WAAC - Women's Army Auxiliary Corps, WAAF - Women's Auxiliary Air Force, VAD - Voluntary Aid Detachment , WWSA - Women's War Service Auxiliary, WVS - Women's Voluntary Service, etc.....

It has a lot of great stories and photos.  I'm enjoying this book.  It is a lot like "Spreading their Wings" by Bee Dawson  which is about the New Zealand WAAFs in WWII.  But this book includes the other services and even housewives experiences, not just the WAAFs.

On Friday I scored two more books for $1 each at the library book sale. What a bargain.
 All WWII themed.  They are:
"Ten Days to D-Day"  Countdown to the liberation of Europe, by David Stafford and
"Wolfram" The boy who went to war, by Giles Milton.
Lots of good reading for over winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment